The Audi A4 is a compact executive car produced since late 1994 by the German car manufacturer Audi, a division of the Volkswagen Group.The A4 has has been built in four generations and is based on Volkswagen's B platform. The first generation A4 succeeded the Audi 80. The automaker's internal numbering treats the A4 as a continuation of the Audi 80 lineage, with the initial A4 designated as the B5-series, followed by the B6, B7, and the current B8.The Audi A4 automobile layout consists of a longitudinally oriented engine at the front, with transaxle-type transmissions mounted at the rear of the engine. The cars are front-wheel drive, or on some models, "quattro" four-wheel drive.The A4 is available as a saloon/sedan and estate/wagon. The second (B6) and third generations (B7) of the A4 also had a convertible version.
* Chassis: Space frame, carbon-fibre composite driver's safety cell, carbon fibre composite front and rear crash structures must be FIA/DMSB approval safety cage.
* Engine: Custom-built Audi V8 engine.
* Engine Type: 90 degrees, 32-valve, 2xDOHC, 9,000 rpm rev-limit, 4-valves per cylinder.
* Engine Displacement: 4.0 L (4,000 cc) (245 in³).
* Pistons: Mahle.
* Filter: Dow.
* Exhaust systems: Remus three-way catalytic converter.
* Power output: 460 hp (343 kW; 466 PS) at 7,500/min.
* Torque: over 500 N·m (370 ft·lbf).
* ECU: Bosch MS 2.9.
* Fuel: Aral Ultimate 100% octane (RON) super-unleaded.
* Fuel delivery: Fuel injection.
* Lubrication: Castrol and Shell Helix dry sump, exceeds API SM.
* Aspiration: Normally aspirated.
* Gearbox: Hewland sequential 6-speed sports gear (controlled DTM standard).
* Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive.
* Clutch: Sandtler 3-plate carbon-fibre clutch.
* Differential: Adjustable multi-plate LSD.
* Radiator fluid: Würth.
* Brake fluid: Würth.
* Battery: Bosch 12 volts heavy duty battery.
* Steering: Servo assisted rack and pinion steering.
* Drive shafts: Constant-velocity plunging tripod joint shafts.
* Springs/Suspension: Eibach Independent front and rear suspension, double-wishbone suspension, push-rod system with spring/damper unit, adjustable gas-filled dampers.
* Brakes: Brembo and AP Racing hydraulic dual circuit brake system, light alloy brake calipers, front and rear ventilated carbon brake discs (DTM standard), driver adjustable infinitely variable brake-balance.
* Wheels: OZ Racing forged aluminium wheels.
Front: 10 x 18".
Rear: 11 x 18".
* Tyres: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx radial slick and treaded rain tyres.
* Length: 4,800 mm (189 in).
* Height: 1,200 mm (47 in).
* Width: 1,850 mm (73 in).
* Wheelbase: 2,795 mm (110 in).
* Minimum weight: 1,050 kg (2,315 lb) (including the driver with overall and helmet).
* Fuel Capacity: 15.4 imp gal (70 L; 18 US gal).
* Driving Instrument: Steering wheel, Gear stick, cockpit buttons (drink and message), Fan, Electronic Speedometer, Light, Ok button, radio and Air Conditioner.
* Steering wheel: Audi steering wheel with 4 buttons (Radio, High Beam, Pit Speed Limiter and Pit Request) (similar fasion with Formula One).
* Safety equipment: Sabelt 6-point seatbelt, HANS Device.
* Ignition: Audi/Abt Sportsline CDI plug switchable on/off engine.
* Traction control: Yes.
* Team: Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline, Phoenix Racing, Team Rosberg, Futurecom TME.