Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lawyer Milloy on Myra Kraft’s death: ‘I’m truly heartbroken’

http://www.boston.com/Boston/rw/Boston/2011-2020/2011/07/20/Boston.com/ReceivedContent/Images/House_Party_1-001--608x483.jpgLawyer Milloy on Myra Kraft’s death: ‘I’m truly heartbroken’
Current and former Patriots paid tribute to Myra Kraft and the Kraft family on Twitter Wednesday morning following her death. The wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Myra was well known for her charitable endeavors in the Boston area.

Former Patriots safety Lawyer Milloy, on Twitter: I’m truly heartbroken today. Myra Kraft has passed away. With my Brisk departure from #Boston, she is the one person that I regret not saying goodbye too. As a young player/man she was a gr8 example of how a woman stands beside, not behind, a man of power! I never got a chance to say thanks 4 that lasting impression. R.I.P. You will be missed.
Left tackle Matt Light, via the NFL Network, ”She wasn’t someone we saw like Robert or Jonathan and the rest of the family, but her impact was felt in many other ways. And just the things she did, in that community, and what that did for guys on the team, I mean, it really drove me to do a lot to give back and find my little niche to be part of that community. I’ll tell you she’s an incredible person. She really was.”
Current Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo, to The Boston Globe: “I am extremely saddened with the passing of Myra Kraft. [She] has been a mainstay in the community and the Patriots family. Her giving spirit along with her countless random acts of kindness and philanthropy will continue to be a legacy to be remembered.”
Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher, on Twitter: RIP Myra Kraft… Thoughts & prayers go out to Mr. Kraft and the Kraft family, she was a very unique & special person!
Patriots cornerback Darius Butler, on Twitter: My condolences and prayers go out to the Kraft family during this tough time.
Patriots wide receiver Taylor Price, on Twitter: Prayers and condolences go out to Myra Kraft and the Kraft family.
Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman, on Twitter: My Prayers go out to the Kraft family.
NFLPA director DeMaurice Smith, in a statement: “We mourn her loss and the entire player family is with heavy hearts today.”
Former Patriots backup quarterback Scott Zolak, on Twitter: sad say for all in Patriot Nation, Myra Kraft will be missed by all connected to this franchise. She did so much good for so many people.
Former Patriots wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth, on Twitter: great family, great ownership that really cares about EVERY player! My condolences to the Krafts.
The Krafts also own the Revolution soccer team. Former Revs star Taylor Twellman tweeted that he has fond memories of Myra Kraft: Today is a very sad sad day. Myra Kraft in ’02 when I came to Boston opened her arms to me and made me feel like her son. He added, today by heart goes out to the Kraft family and the Patriots as Boston lost a great person/ambassador of life in Myra Kraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment